This simple three-ingredient salve is crazy easy to make in your home kitchen. To delight your nose and increase the soothing, balancing properties of the salve, we’ve added lavender essential oil, but you can change the olfactory profile to suit you by use.
Makes about 140 grams
115g Rosehip oil
15g coarsely chopped beeswax or beeswax pastilles
20 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- Combine beeswax and Rosehip oil in a double boiler.
- Heat until beeswax has melted and mixture is incorporated.
- Remove from heat. Quickly stir in lavender essential oil.
- Pour into tins or upcycled glass jars with lids.
- Allow salve to cool completely before placing lids on containers.
- Remember to label your containers! Store in a cool, dry place. If stored properly, salves can last 2 to 3 years.