Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) - PurensoSelect
Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) - PurensoSelect
Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) - PurensoSelect
Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) - PurensoSelect
Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) - PurensoSelect
Rs. 189.00

Rs. 235.00

Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB)

Size 100g

Only left in stock


Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) is a liquid amphoteric surfactant derived from coconut oil. Easily water soluble in a wide pH range. No or faint odor. Water-soluble.

Contains 30% active substances (remaining 70% is water)

INCI Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Appearance Clear yellow liquid
Usage rate Can be added to formulas as is. Recommended use level 4-40% depending on desired foaming and cleansing effects. Include it in the heated water phase or cool down phase.
Applications Body washes, shampoos, bubble baths, cleansing lotions, creams, hand soaps, baby products, hair conditioners, cream rinses
Scent Characteristically soapy/detergent-y
pH 5 - 6 (10% solution)
Charge Amphoteric
Solubility Water
Why do we use it in formulations?

Cocamidopropyl Betaine is a great co-surfactant that makes the overall surfactant blend milder. It helps improve flash foam and stabilize lather, and helps thicken some surfactant blends as it contains some sodium chloride. “It has a negative charge in alkaline products and a positive charge in acidic products like most personal cleansers. It is substantive when positively charged (in an acidic formulation), so it acts as a skin and hair conditioner, leaving behind a moisturized feeling after rinsing with no feeling of tightness.

Basically, it makes all things surfactant-y better, and more gentle. It also works well on its own as a gentle, low-lather cleansing agent.

Strengths It is inexpensive, easy to work with, and improves all surfactant blends by boosting lather and making them milder
  • Very mild co-surfactant compatible with anionic, non-ionic, cationic surfactants
  • Useful also as primary surfactant as it has good cleansing and foaming properties
  • Slight viscosity enhancer & Excellent conditioning and antistatic agent
  • Moderate emulsifying properties