EMT 10 Polymer
Description: EMT 10 is a powder polymer with excellent stabilizing properties at a low level and in presence of a high percentage oily phase. It produces translucent formulas without electrolytes. Aqueous gels, cream gels, emulsions can all be produced using EMT 10. It demonstrates an excellent tolerance for immature skins and is therefore the perfect choice for baby products and to be used to formulate hand sanitizer.
It is compatible with silicones, mineral oil, emollient esters like fractionated coconut oil and other natural oils and butters. It is an anionic emulsifier, so it is not compatible with cationic ingredient. In addition to creams and gels, it can be used to make hair care products, facial cleansers, shower gels, "baby care" and sun care products.
pH as supplied: 4 - 5.5 (When formulated in a 1.5% aqueous gel)
Stability: Stable between pH 3 - pH 10
- Efficient use at low levels
- No neutralization
- Can be used in hot and cold process formulations
- No clumping
Uses: In addition to creams and gels, it can be used to make hair care products, facial cleansers, shower gels, "baby care" and sun care products.
Application: Use at 0.5 - 5%. This polymer is a pre-neutralized powder, dispersible in the oil or water phase in cold or hot process formulations. For external use only.
How to Work with It:
- For Aqueous gels: Add EMT 10 Polymer to the aqueous phase while agitating mechanically (stick blender, hand or stationary mixer).
- For Cream gels: Disperse EMT 10 Polymer in the oily phase, then add water all at once while agitating mechanically.
- For Hydroalcoholic gels: Prepare the aqueous gel with EMT 10 first, then add the solvent (alcohol) gradually with stirring.
- For Hot Process Emulsions: Disperse EMT 10 Polymer in the pre-heated oil phase (if necessary) or in the water phase before emulsification. Mix until emulsified and continue to mix until cool.
INCI: Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer
Phthalates: Product is Phthalate Free.