Isopropyl Myristate (IPM)
Description: Ester of isopropyl alcohol and myristic acid (vegetable-derived). Low viscosity fluid non-greasy emollient, tolerates wide pH range, compatible with most surfactants. Thanks to its low viscosity and density, it has a high spreadability. Provides a soft and silky feel. Absorbs quickly. Colorless oil-like liquid. No or little odor. Soluble in Oil. Not Soluble in Water.
Why People Use This Product:
To provide emollient properties to products.
Popular Products That Use This Ingredient:
Emollient (softens skin).
Counteracts the “oily” feel in some lotions. Provides a soft and silky feel. Absorbs quickly.
- Superior emollient for non-greasy bath, body and baby oils
- Lubricant and compression aid for pressed powders
- Light & non-tacky emollient for creams and lotions. Readily adsorbed by the skin
- When used at high concentrations it gently lifts makeup and surface dirt
- Gives gloss and shine to hair
- Resistant to oxidation (does not become rancid)
- Widely used as diluent for fragrance oils.
Use: Creams, lotions, hand creams, shampoo, shower gels, makeup removers, powders and foundations.
Application: Can be added to formulas as is, add to oil phase. Typical use level 1-20%. Common use levels are lotions and creams 2-5% and bath oils 30-40%. For external use only.
TIPS: This product reduces the greasy feel of most oils, tacky feel of some additives, and acts as a dry emollient in cosmetic formulations. Test your final product to insure optimal performance. Protect clothing and work area when mixing.
Ingredients: Isopropyl Myristate