Propyl Paraben Sodium (PPS)
Description: This highly efficacious preservative which has been around for hundreds of years is sourced from para-hydroxybenzoic acid (PHBA) that occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables. It marks its use in personal care, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, and food industries.
Alternate Names- Propyl 4-Hydroxybenzoate, 4-Hydroxybenzoic Acid Propyl Ester, Nipasol
- Its anti-microbial and anti-fungal action forfends the proliferation of bacteria in your products like creams, lotions, shampoos, packed food items, makeup items, etc.
- It ensures that your products do not get contaminated by constant humidity or dirt.
- Prolongs the shelf life of products to which it is added.
- Reduces the possibility of infections that can be caused due to unintentional consumption of molded food products.
- Non-toxic, non-sensitizing, and non-irritating to the skin.
Concentration and solubility -
- Its recommended concentration for use is 0.01%-0.3%.
- Propyl paraben sodium is soluble in water while Propyl Paraben Plain is insoluble in water.